About Me

My photo

I'm a 30-something wife and mom. My boys are my pride and joy. Together, we are navigating being a forever family post international adoption.

Friday, August 22, 2014

My New Normal...


Our Family
I love to watch television. There is nothing I enjoy more than curling up on the couch in my pajamas and watching something ridiculous, pointless, and mind-numbing. Sure, I love to read, listen to music and all that stuff, but I really love TV. Like really, REALLY love it. I used to be embarrassed to admit my love of TV. I consider myself to be a pretty "smart" person and I figured "smart" people didn't love to watch television. But, as I have gotten older, I have become more comfortable with myself. Part of that is embracing the fact that I love to watch television.

Pretty random opening paragraph, right? Well, not so much considering my new normal. In the last 365 + days I have spent exactly 0 days curled up on the couch watching television. I have deleted most of the shows I PVR.  The time I do spend in front of the TV is during much relished "me" time, which I have learned to take but still feel slightly guilty about. I even cut our TV down to basic cable. And do you know what? I wouldn't change it for the world.

This year I have had more fun, grown more, and felt more love than ever before. Because this is the year Hubby and I adopted our son, Buddy.

Plus, now we have our Friday night take-out and movie tradition, so I still get my TV fix...

4 comments:

  1. Awww, I love this and I totally didn't expect it to take that turn at the end. How lovely!

    Children are entertainment in and of themselves aren't they?!

    Thanks for sharing and for linking up to the #SHINEbloghop.

    Wishing you a lovely weekend.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and thank you for coordinating such a great link up!

      Delete
  2. Telly addict here too - although much much less so now we have the children. And even then, it's mostly family films and things they love.

    Thanks for linking up to the Weekly Adoption Shout Out #WASO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for organizing the link up, I've been reading the blog roll for weeks. We pick movies by democratic vote so, being the only rom-com lover, I am normally in the minority!

      Delete