About Me

My photo

I'm a 30-something wife and mom. My boys are my pride and joy. Together, we are navigating being a forever family post international adoption.

Thursday, October 23, 2014

An Afternoon in the Park


We have been so lucky with our weather lately. It gets pretty crisp in the evenings, but the days have been warm and sunny. Last Sunday afternoon we had a little bit of free time. Church, grocery shopping and homework were all in the bag. Hubby had been on "Buddy duty" all afternoon, so I suggested to Buddy that he and I go to the park.

We are fortunate to live close to several parks. We decided to go to a pretty big one that has lots of different areas to explore. When we got there, it was clear that a lot of other families had the same idea. The children's playground was packed, and Buddy gets a bit nervous in big crowds. We went off to explore the flower garden and duck pond first. Of course, I stepped in dog poo while taking a trail through the trees. Otherwise, I had a lot of fun hanging out with Buddy. After about an hour he was ready to take his chances at the playground.

He ran and slid and climbed for another hour and a half before the day cooled off and we needed to get home to Hubby. I'm glad we decided to stay at the park and wait for Buddy to feel comfortable instead of packing it in. It is good for him to experience small stresses so he can learn to deal with them without shutting down.

No comments:

Post a Comment