About Me

My photo

I'm a 30-something wife and mom. My boys are my pride and joy. Together, we are navigating being a forever family post international adoption.

Sunday, October 5, 2014

Let's go fly a...

We have definitely transitioned from summer to fall. The weather is cooler, the leaves are turning and soon it will be winter. So, this past weekend, we took the opportunity to go and fly a helicopter. A remote controlled helicopter, that is.


Buddy got a RC helicopter last Christmas from Santa. He was very excited and I remember him exclaiming "Wow, I never had my own helicopter before," as he stared in amazement at the box. Unfortunately, the helicopter doesn't work well in cold weather and we last year was the coldest winter anyone could remember. The helicopter was put on the shelf and forgotten.

This weekend surprised us all by being beautiful. The sun was shining, there wasn't a cloud in the sky and the breeze was blowing gently. Buddy came out of his room on Sunday afternoon and asked if we could go to the park so he could fly his helicopter. By some miracle we had no prior commitments and the batteries which had been sitting since December were still charged. So, off we went.

I don't think Buddy will be getting his pilots license any time soon, but he had a lot of fun chasing after his helicopter. As I sat on the park bench breathing in the warm fall air I couldn't help thinking how far we've come in the last year and how happy I am.


No comments:

Post a Comment