About Me

My photo

I'm a 30-something wife and mom. My boys are my pride and joy. Together, we are navigating being a forever family post international adoption.

Monday, October 13, 2014

Snap

Buddy and Hubby
Last night, Hubby snapped. It has happened to me more times than I would like to admit, but I can only remember Hubby snapping one other time. He is normally so good at keeping calm and expressing his frustrations at appropriate times. But last night he boiled over and even though it isn't optimal, it is ok.

Hubby has a lot of responsibilities. He spent over a year off work during and after our adoption. He is now working full time, sometimes up to 60 hours a week. He cooks dinner almost every night and he grocery shops. He takes care of Buddy after school and supervises homework, lunch making and evening chores. He is a very buys guy and sometimes it can be overwhelming for him. Understandable.

So, like I said, not optimal for Hubby (or I or Buddy) to have a melt down. Would I rather we never fought? Of course! But that is just not possible and it is in the times of push and pull that we grow. Once the dust settles, we see that we are all still invested and determined to make this family work. We learn what our triggers are, how to disagree constructively, how to apologize and how to accept apologies.

And we learn that our love is always bigger than our mad.

No comments:

Post a Comment