About Me

My photo

I'm a 30-something wife and mom. My boys are my pride and joy. Together, we are navigating being a forever family post international adoption.

Friday, January 16, 2015

Current Beauty Favorites

Things have gotten a bit heavy lately, so I'm going to end the week on a frivolous note.

I love watching YouTube beauty guru videos. I swear I could waste hours doing it. For me, it is the perfect time-killer because all I need is my phone and a WiFi connection. It requires zero brain power.

Many beauty vloggers have been posting their 2014 favorites lately. It has inspired me to comb through my makeup stash and find my current most loved products.

- Estee Lauder Double Wear Light foundation: It helps control my oily t-zone but is sheer enough to let my skin shine through. It has no fragrance and doesn't clog my pores. It is also long wearing and smudge-resistant.

- Bobbi Brown Corrector for under-eyes: This product neutralizes dark under-eye circles because of it's peachy base and can be worn alone or layered under a concealer. It's a staple for me given my hereditary blue under-eye circles.

- Nars Radiant Creamy concealer: I love this concealer for redness and blemishes, but it can also be used under the eye to conceal and highlight. It is creamy, doesn't crease and hydrating.

- Hourglass Ambient Lighting blush pallet: These blushes are not cheap but they are beautiful. There are three shades (peach, rose and plum) and each is marbled with a highlighting powder which give a luminous glow to the cheek.

- Tarte Colored Clay eyebrow gel: This gel shapes, defines and fills in my brows but doesn't make them look crazy. The applicator is tiny so product doesn't go everywhere and the finished look is precise.

- Clinique 8-pan eyeshadow in Black Honey: Good for every day use and buildable a night out, this pallet has warm browns and purples which are my two favorite shadow shades. They are smooth and don't give me any fallout.

- Kat von D Tattoo liquid eyeliner: The brush of this liner is a superfine and flexible bristle tip that glides over the eye and doesn't fray over time like felt-tip liners. I am horrible at liquid liner, and even I can make a nice flick with this one.

- Dior Iconic Overcurl mascara: I have a sample of this one, and I will be sad when it is used up because I love this mascara but can't justify the price. It curls and volumizes the lashes without clumping for a natural yet dramatic look.

- Georgio Armani Si eau de perfume: I didn't think I would like this scent, but I really do. It is modern and yet feminine, slightly floral and a bit sweet. There is a warmth to it, as well. It is described as having notes of chypre, blackcurrant nectar, airy florals and musky blond wood.

- Nails Inc Gel Effect nail polish in Porchester Square: This is a nude polish that wont give you dead-hands. It's a cross between light grey, taupe and violet. The gel effect formula gives a glossy, streak-free finish without the hassle of a true gel polish.

I really like makeup but my 2015 goal is to refrain from buying any new products until I finish some of my old ones up. I need to evaluate why a girl who hardly ever wears foundation has 6... But, at the same time, it's kind of like collecting classic cars you hardly ever drive, only much less expensive.

At least, that's what I tell myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment