About Me

My photo

I'm a 30-something wife and mom. My boys are my pride and joy. Together, we are navigating being a forever family post international adoption.

Friday, January 23, 2015

#TakingCare 100 - The First 10 Days

I had so much fun participating in the Twitter #Fo5Photo challenge before Christmas, I decided to join Three Pink Diamonds and a Blue Sappire when she suggested something similar. It's a take on the 100 Happy Days photo challenge that you can follow on Twitter by searching the hashtag #TakingCare100. 

The idea is to take one picture every day of something that makes you happy. It doesn't have to be anything big, just something you found pleasure in. The point is to encourage all of us to appreciate what we have that is good even during the hard days.

Here is what I have done in the first 10 days to #TakeCare. All captions are clockwise from the top left, BTW.

Day 1: Movie night. And yes, we haven't taken down our Christmas decorations yet. Don't judge.

Day 2: Blogging. It's my therapy. On top of my real & very expensive therapy.

Day 3: Apple crisp a la mode with some milky chai tea. Back on track tomorrow. 

Day 4: You guys! Thanks for great advice, some laughs and lots of understanding. Love my Tweeps! 

Day 5: Hubby's making dinner & I'm checking out the highly recommended @BroadchurchTV. Mysterious... 

Day 6: Grem & I watch Buddy go to school. He half-walks, half-dances and it makes me smile every time.

Day 7: Nothing like a tasty breakfast to end a medically ordered fast. So yummy!

Day 8: Another Friday #DinnerAndAMovie. Eastern European and Premium Rush.

Day 9: Spent all day cooking but it's worth it for an adoptive family potluck this evening.

Day 10: chocolate, home made bread, blackberries & the penultimate episode of #Broadchurch. And wine.


As always, if you aren't following me on Twitter you can find me at @MamaBearPAL.

Since there is no start or end date, I would love it if you'd join us for the #TakingCare100 photo challenge. The more the merrier!

2 comments:

  1. Great blog post. Loving sharing our moments of happiness together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it was a great idea to set this up!

      Delete