About Me

My photo

I'm a 30-something wife and mom. My boys are my pride and joy. Together, we are navigating being a forever family post international adoption.

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

February Birchbox


Birchbox is a monthly subscription box service that sends you 5 beauty and lifestyle samplesr each month. By completing your online Beauty Profile you receive personalized products.

You can also purchase full sized items from the site, and earn Birchbox points by doing so. These points can be used towards future purchases. You can also earn points by reviewing products and referring friends.

It costs $10 per month. They ship to: US, France, Spain and the UK and Canada

For February, I received the following products in my Birchbox:

- Cynthia Rowley Lip Stain in Heartthrob: A cream lipstick that looks red in the tube but more pink on my lips. It has no scent and leaves a very slight stain to the lips. This product is vegan and cruelty free. Full Size: 0.17 oz Sample Size: 0.079 oz (1/2 size)

- derma e Anti-Wrinkle Vitamin A Glycolic Scrub: A natural chemical and physical exfoliant. The exfoliating pieces are too coarse for my liking but it has no scent.  Full Size: 4 oz Sample Size: 1 oz (1/4 size)

- Harvey Prince Hello Shampoo and Conditioner: Sulfate-free and color safe products infused with natural oils. These are supposed to be citrus scented, but to me it smells more like a moisturizer. They are very moisturizing without weighing down my hair, but I don't think I would pay $52 for a bottle of each. Full Size: 12 oz Sample Size: 0.5 oz (1/25 size)

- theBalm Cindy-Lou Manizer: This is a shimmery soft pink highlighter & shadow that can be used on the cheeks, eyes or as an all-over face product (which might make you look like a disco ball). The packaging is very cute and will be great for travel. Full Size: 0.3 oz Sample Size: 0.03 oz (1/10 size)

The total value of my February Birchbox was $19.37. To purchase each of these items in full size would come to a total of $113.75. The best value was for the Cynthia Rowley lipstain, which is worth $11.50. The shampoo and conditioner are the worst value at just $1.04 for a 15mL bottle.

I have tried all the products and will get use out of all of them. I especially like theBalm's Cindy-Lou Manizer since there is no where local for me to buy this brand.

I am least excited by the facial scrub, but I am sure I will still use it up. At least it is a generous sample size!

Overall Rating: B

*This is not a sponsored post

No comments:

Post a Comment