About Me

My photo

I'm a 30-something wife and mom. My boys are my pride and joy. Together, we are navigating being a forever family post international adoption.

Monday, March 9, 2015

International Woman's Day

Yesterday was International Woman's Day, which has been around since the 1911. 

It is one day a year set aside to celebrate the economic, political and social achievements of women past, present and future. This year's theme was Make It Happen, encouraging effective action for advancing and recognizing women. 


I am proud to be a woman. 

I'm good at my job. It is more than a job to me, it is what I was called to do. I work hard and take pride in a job well done. I help people.

I am proud to be a woman. 

I'm girly. I love to wear makeup and high heals. I like to shop, bake and I collect dolls. I know the difference between cerulean and cobalt blue. 

I am proud to be a woman.

I 'm a good wife and Mom. I love my boys and I try to think of his needs ahead of mine. I support them in every way I can. And I expect they do the same in return.

I am proud to be a woman. 

I wear a lot of hats. Wife, Mom, health care professional. I am my own person. I have hobbies and interests. I am not defined by any one thing, especially not by what is between my legs.

Make everyday International Women's Day. Do your bit to ensure that the future for girls is bright, equal, safe and rewarding.

No comments:

Post a Comment