About Me

My photo

I'm a 30-something wife and mom. My boys are my pride and joy. Together, we are navigating being a forever family post international adoption.

Monday, March 23, 2015

The Book of Mormon

On Saturday night, Hubby and I dropped Buddy off at my Mom's house for a sleep-over and went on a date night to see The Book of Mormon.

It's a musical about two 18 year old Mormon men who are sent to Uganda, Africa for their two year mission. The villagers they meet are facing real problems like famine, poverty and AIDS, and this is not what the missionaries are prepared to handle.

The Book of Mormon has big Broadway tunes and dance numbers. It is also hilarious, if not slightly offensive, thank to it's creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone who are also known for South Park.

I laughed so much from start to finish, and some parts really shocked me. But there were also parts that tugged at my heart strings. I am so glad that we had the chance to see The Book of Moron, and if you get the chance I suggest you check it out as well.

I Believe is just one of many catchy tunes.

No comments:

Post a Comment