About Me

My photo

I'm a 30-something wife and mom. My boys are my pride and joy. Together, we are navigating being a forever family post international adoption.

Monday, April 13, 2015

Bookish - Would You Rather?

I'm a total book worm, and have been for as long as I can remember.

When I was 2, my Aunt made me my first book-on-tape of the Wizard of Oz. I would tell anyone who would listen of the wonders of Oz while spinning around exclaiming "the cymclone is coming, the cymclone is coming!" (cyclone, BTW. I was a bright kid, but no genius!)

In elementary school my closet was more full of books than clothes. As I got older, my love of books didn't diminish. Now, I am a total book hoarder. I end every day with my face in a book. It is not uncommon for me to start my day that way as well, having fallen asleep while reading.

I came across this would-you-rather "tag" with a bookish twist and found the questions very interesting. I thought I would give it a go myself.

1- Would you rather only read trilogies or only read stand alone novels?
Definitely stand alone novels. The only two trilogies I can think of that I enjoyed reading were The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and The Hunger Games. I waited to read both of them until all three books had been released so I wasn't left hanging. I much prefer to read a variety of kinds of books and the idea of trilogies kind of makes me feel weighted down.

2- Would you rather only read female authors or only read male authors?
I think I generally read more male authors, but some of my favorite books were written by women. I'm not really sure how to answer this one, because I don't choose books based on gender. But the part of my that's a fan of Girl Power tells me to say female authors.

3- Would you rather only shop at book shops or only shop online?
I love to shop in book shops, even though I buy more books online. If I know what I want or am buying a gift for someone I tend to order online. But I love wandering around book stores and discovering new treasures that I would never find otherwise. So, book shops it is.

4- Would you rather all books became movies or all books became TV shows?
I don't have much time for television lately, so I guess I would say movies. Although, if they were TV shows released on Netflix that I could binge on during my spare moments I might change my mind.

5- Would you rather read only 5 pages a day or 5 books a week?
If it was possible, I would read five books a week but actually accomplishing this would require I give up sleeping. I love sleep as much as I love reading, so I am going to have to go with 5 pages a day. Sometimes that's all I get to before falling asleep, anyways.

6- Would you rather be a professional reviewer or a professional author?
I don't think I have it in me to be an author, but I love to share my opinions so I would have to say professional reviewer.

7- Would you rather only read your 20 favorite books over and over again, or only read new books you haven't read before?
As much as it would pain me to never re-read Wuthering Heights or Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, I can't imagine never reading a new book ever again. There is so much out there to read and so little time. If forced to choose, I would only read new books.

8- Would you rather be a librarian or a bookseller?
This is tough, both would be a lot of fun for a book lover. I like the idea of working in a library, but I don't know if I could handle being silent all day long. I guess I'll pick bookseller but just by a hair.

9- Would you rather only read your favorite genre or only read anything but your favorite genre?
I don't really have a favorite specific genre, but I do prefer to read fiction. I pretty much only read books that take me away to imaginary places, unless I'm reading something for work. I would stick with fiction and do away with everything else.

10- Would you rather only read physical books or only read eBooks?
Definitely physical books. I love the feeling of a book in my hands. I love their personality and the way they wear with love. Nothing beats a Kindle for travelling, especially if it's back-light, but I would give it up any day if I had to.

Do you love to read, too? What would you rather? Consider yourself tagged!

Also, if you're interested in what I'm reading, check out my Goodreads profile!

No comments:

Post a Comment