About Me

My photo

I'm a 30-something wife and mom. My boys are my pride and joy. Together, we are navigating being a forever family post international adoption.

Friday, May 15, 2015

Grief is Like the Ocean

Things had been going really well for us lately.

I should have known it couldn't last.

I've been trying to write about it but every time I get something down the situation shifts and what I've said doesn't make sense to me anymore.

The waves of Buddy's emotions are stirring. He's up and down and backwards within the span of hours or even minutes.

We're not really sure what is going on inside of him but he's angry. And it's becoming a bit overwhelming.

So for now, I'm going to tread in his ocean of grief and try my best to keep my head above water.

And I will do all I can to throw Buddy a life preserver, but in the end he is the one who has to learn to swim.

4 comments:

  1. I love this post!! Thank you for putting it ever so eloquently!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it wasn't easy to do!

      Delete
  2. Choppy waters. Worded wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed they sometimes are. Thanks!

      Delete