About Me

My photo

I'm a 30-something wife and mom. My boys are my pride and joy. Together, we are navigating being a forever family post international adoption.

Friday, May 8, 2015

Time to Get Moving

May 11th to 15th is "Walk to Work" week in the UK.

I Google Mapped my commute and it would take me over an hour to walk to work, so you can forget about that. But it got me thinking about physical activity in general.

A number of years ago, I went through a phase where I was very into my fitness. I had a gym membership, took exercise classes and ran regularly. Then, in my mid-twenties I had some health issues and that fell by the wayside.

Now that I'm in my thirties, I definitely notice that my metabolism isn't what it once was. I do generally tend to make pretty smart choices when it comes to what I eat, though, so weight isn't really an issue for me at this point. Besides, I'm not a big fan of letting numbers on a scale define me.

However, there are lots of other reasons why I should be getting more exercise. I would love to have more energy, less stress and sleep better at night. Also, exercise can reduce a person's risk of health problems like heart disease, cancer and osteoporosis and generally help one live a longer, happier life.

Here's the thing guys, I don't like exercising. Even when I was super active, I didn't ever enjoy it. So I need your help. What works for you? Do you have an app you use? A workout you love? Any tips and tricks on how to get on track and stay there?

Any and all advice is greatly appreciated!


2 comments:

  1. I listen to podcasts while I do my thing, time flies by and I usually wish I could keep going to catch the end of the podcast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a really good idea. I have some podcasts I love that I have a hard time keeping up with.

      Delete