About Me

My photo

I'm a 30-something wife and mom. My boys are my pride and joy. Together, we are navigating being a forever family post international adoption.

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

A Day at the Farm

Last weekend, Hubby, Buddy and I were lucky enough to have been invited to spend the day at a friend's farm along with several other adoptive families.

I grew up in a rural, isolated mining town. I had been to a farm a grand total of once prior to this weekend. I was pretty excited to spend the day with not only some great people, but also a bunch of cows.

Getting the lay of the land
The boys found a bird's nest
Target Practice
My goal was a cow-selfie - success!
I don't think the cows were as excited as I was...
A close en-cow-nter
Walking through the field

Just an afternoon out in the country solidified for me that I'm a true city girl (there was poo everywhere!). But I'm so happy we had the chance to go and experience a day at the farm.

4 comments:

  1. Love the cow selfie, brilliant. It looks like a beautiful place to spend some time. We live in the countryside so I'm biased in thinking it's best but, I do need a city fix every now and again. Thanks for linking to #WASO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same only opposite! The country was great for the day, but not for me in the long run.

      Delete
  2. I'm not a countryside girl either, but your day out looks like a really great time - nice for a day trip maybe :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, great day but not the life for me!

      Delete