About Me

My photo

I'm a 30-something wife and mom. My boys are my pride and joy. Together, we are navigating being a forever family post international adoption.

Monday, June 1, 2015

Being Brave - One Millennial's Perspective

Normally, I couldn't really care less about what people post on Facebook. I generally scroll through quotes, quizzes and questionnaires without more than a cursory glance to see if they relate to me. If not, I just keep on scrollin'.

This quote did catch my attention, but not in a good way.

 

I'm pretty proud of my Millennial status. We are a generation of innovators. We have a strong sense of global community. We don't just break the rules, we are changing the game.

It's quotes like this that give us Millenials a bad name. Or rather bad names, like narcissistic, entitled, self-serving. This quote is the reason why those who came before us think that we're spoiled brats.

So, please allow me to indulge myself and re-write the above quote.



To my fellow Millenials, let me say this. Being brave isn't about doing what you have to do to make yourself happy. It's doing what you have to do to make the people who count on you happy. Your happiness will follow, trust me.

That's just my opinion, though. Take it for what you will.

2 comments: