About Me

My photo

I'm a 30-something wife and mom. My boys are my pride and joy. Together, we are navigating being a forever family post international adoption.

Monday, June 29, 2015

Easy Rhubarb Crisp

 
My Grandfathers were both master gardeners. Every summer they would each produce a bumper-crop of produce. We were never wanting for tomatoes, zucchini, beans, carrots, raspberries and on and on.
 
I have learned, in the last 9 years as a homeowner, a green thumb is not hereditary. I joke that I have, instead, a black thumb. I am excellent at killing plants, even ones that are supposed to be hardy.
 
One thing I have been successful at growing in the last couple of years is rhubarb. And boy, when I say successful I mean it. I have bags and bags of the stuff in my freezer, and more on the way.
 
One of my favorite recipes for rhubarb is this crisp. It's both easy to make and tasty. A winning combination, in my books.

SERVINGS 4

INGREDIENTS

    4 cups rhubarb, cut into 3/4 " pieces
    1 cup sugar
    1⁄4 cup flour
    1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
    1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
    1 cup flour
    1 cup brown sugar
    1⁄2 cup rolled oats
    1⁄2 cup melted butter
DIRECTIONS

Combine rhubarb, sugar, flour, cinnamon and vanilla and put into 8" x 8" x 2" glass baking dish.

Combine flour, brown sugar, rolled oats and melted butter and sprinkle streusel over rhubarb mixture.


















Bake at 375 for 35 minutes.










Serve warm with ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment