About Me

My photo

I'm a 30-something wife and mom. My boys are my pride and joy. Together, we are navigating being a forever family post international adoption.

Monday, June 15, 2015

My Best Mom

Last week, I was reading to Buddy before bed. He wrapped his arms around my neck and put his head on my chest and said:

"You're my first Mom, right?"

"I'm not your first Mom, Mama Anne is. But I am your forever Mom."

"Well, you're my best Mom."

"It isn't a competition, having you in my life is all I need. You don't need to pick one Mom over the other."

This is the message I give Buddy consistently. After we first adopted, I struggled to understand how Mama Anne and I fit in to the big picture of Buddy's life.
But it isn't really up to me. It's for Buddy to decide how he feels about us. And whatever he decides is perfectly fine.

"How ever you feel about me and about Mama Anne is good. And that was a very nice thing to say, thank you very much. You are my best son. I love you so much."

"I love you, too. Can you read to the end of the chapter?"

And so I did.

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful, connected, in tune conversation. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really enjoying this phase where we are starting to connect on a deep, honest level.

      Delete