About Me

My photo

I'm a 30-something wife and mom. My boys are my pride and joy. Together, we are navigating being a forever family post international adoption.

Monday, August 3, 2015

August Long Weekend - Back to Bloggin

This weekend, most people in my province have a long weekend.

My regular readers may have noticed that I took last week off of blogging, mostly because things have been really crazy for me at work lately. My company was awarded a pretty big federal contract and I was chosen to manage the project. I've hired a team of people, written many policies and spent hours meeting with various groups I will be working closely with.

Sometimes I don't know if I'm coming or going.

It's a very big honor, but also a lot of work. This kind of thing isn't what I went to school for. I'm learning as I go and sometimes I feel lucky just to make it through the day without crying. But I'm also really excited to be given the opportunity to prove myself. A lot of people never get a chance like this.

Today, a lot of people in North America take the day off. I'm taking advantage of this fact by putting my nose to the grindstone since no one will be calling and emailing.

In a week, I will start training all the new staff on the processes I've been working hard to develop. Honestly, I'm not ready. But it's going to happen regardless, so I'm doing my best and trying not to stress.

I'm going to try to make time to blog, because it's something I really enjoy doing. It helps me organize my thoughts and keep a healthy perspective on life. But if there are times when you don't hear from me, now you know why.

So, this long-weekend, I will be working. And hopefully also taking some time out to blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment