About Me

My photo

I'm a 30-something wife and mom. My boys are my pride and joy. Together, we are navigating being a forever family post international adoption.

Sunday, September 27, 2015

Sunday Funday

Life has been super busy lately. I decided to take Sunday off of work and spend time with my family. Here is what I got up to on my first "Sunday Fun-day".

8:08 AM: I wake up to Buddy standing over me. He crawls into bed and starts playing with Grem (who is also lying on my bed).

8:34 AM: I give up hope of a sleep-in and get up. Coffee, shower, breakfast and the day begins.

10:57 AM: Hubby and Buddy leave for church (late because of a lack of prioritizing on Buddy's part) giving me a bit of much needed personal time. I putter around and drink more coffee. Nothing particularly special, but it's nice.

12:17 PM: Buddy comes home from church, Hubby stays for a meeting. When I tell Buddy he can't play any more video games today because of this mornings timing issue, he has a mini melt-down.

12:47 PM: After a bit of time and space, a still unhappy Buddy and I go out for lunch. He picked sushi and by the time the gyoza came the mood was definitely much improved. On the way home, we stopped off at the bakery next door to pick up dessert for tonight.

2:36 PM: Buddy, Hubby and I headed off to the zoo for the first family activity in a long time.

5:13 PM: We get home from the zoo, Buddy goes off to play with the neighborhood kids, Hubby does some work and I take a nap.

6:30 PM: Hubby made dinner (sausages, pasta salad, Cesar salad) but Buddy isn't feeling well. We send him off for a bath and enjoy dinner just the two of us.

7:04: Hubby gets some work out of the way, I tidy up a bit and relax while watching YouTube.

7:48 PM: After a soak, Buddy feels better and has a snack. We watch an episode of Lost and he heads off to bed.

8:39 PM: I stay with Buddy for a few minutes to help him get settled, we finish reading Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. Then it's time to get ready to head to bed myself. Face mask, PJs on, some YouTube and now it's time for me to read (The Bear by Claire Cameron) until I fall asleep. Oh, but not before I had some of the dessert we picked up this afternoon.

I hope you had a good weekend. Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment