About Me

My photo

I'm a 30-something wife and mom. My boys are my pride and joy. Together, we are navigating being a forever family post international adoption.

Sunday, October 11, 2015

Sunday Funday 3

I have decided to take Sunday off work and spend time with my family (well... mostly). Here's what I got up this time:

7:45 AM: I wake up in my mother's basement to the sound of Swar crying for breakfast in the kitchen upstairs. We have an open house today, so we decided to stay with my Mom. The dogs have been here about a week so the house was always ready for private showings. I get up, feed the dogs and get dressed.

8:04 AM: I check my email on my phone and find out from our birth searcher that Buddy's step-grandfather in his home country has died suddenly in an accident. Hubby and I decide not to tell Buddy while at my Mom's but wait until we get home.

8:27 AM: After much searching, I find the toaster and make myself breakfast. Hubby is kind enough to make me a coffee on the mystery appliance that is my mother Keurig. More searching to locate sugar. It's gonna be a long day.

8:42 AM: Despite my vow to no longer work on Sunday, I need to make an exception today. My boss has a big meeting on Monday that she is calling in from her holiday in Italy for, it's the least I can do. Thank goodness for remote connectivity so I don't have to physically be at work.

11:39 AM: Done. Shower time. Or time to get distracted from taking a shower by social media and more coffee.

1:03 PM: Hubby, Buddy and I go out for family lunch at a dinner next to my Mom's place. All day breakfast is an amazing thing.

2:24 PM: My on-call phone rings - briefly back to work.

2:57 PM: I look out my Mom's window and see a bunch of deer hanging out across the street. Some things about the suburbs are pretty neat.

3:59 PM: That's enough work for the day. Being too tired to do anything else, I  have a bath and watch a bit of TV.

6:40 PM: Apparently I fell asleep, but wake up to takeout being delivered. Not too bad.

8:05 PM: The last private showing for our house ended at 8, so we say good bye to our dogs (just in case we have anyone who wants to look at the house before offers tomorrow) and my Mom and head home. According to our realtor we had over 30 people come through and look at our house. And only one weirdo, she said.

8:46 PM: After getting home and settling in after the open house, Hubby and I have the hard job of telling Buddy his Step-grandfather has died. Buddy is stoic and matter of fact about it, but he is obviously upset.

9:22 PM: Brush teeth, PJs and bedtime for everyone. I end the day in Buddy's bed with some sad cuddles. A very tiring day for all.

I hope you had a good weekend. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment